9/9/2020 Our Big Green Box locations are back open!
According the Maine Integrated Youth Health Survey, 14% of local teens report misusing a prescription medication. There is something everyone in our community can do to reduce prescription drug misuse. (MIYHS, 2019)
Big Green Boxes
Safely dispose of unused/unwanted/expired medications at a “Big Green Box” located in the lobby of all local law enforcement agencies. These are available 24 hours a day. Locations include:
- Bath Police Department – 250 Water Street
- Brunswick Police Department – 85 Pleasant Street
- Richmond Police Department – 26 Gardiner Street
- Sagadagoc County Sherriff’s Office – 752 High Street, Bath
- Topsham Public Safety Building – 100 Main Street
Medication Collection Days
These days are held twice per year, usually in the fall and spring. Unused and unwanted medications are collected at local sites from 10 AM – 2 PM.
Learn more about drug take back days
Prescription Drug Safety Cards
These rack cards help educate patients on proper use, storage, and disposal of opioid prescriptions. Please contact us to receive copies of these to distribute in your healthcare offices.
Don’t forget to keep all medications up & away. Learn how here.