While most people gamble responsibly, for some gambling is an addiction that can cause major problems with health, work, relationships, and family. Casino gambling is only one form of gambling, but here in Maine there are resources for those affected to take control of behaviors that may be out of control. In Maine, someone with a problem gambling can ban themselves from casinos through a Self-Exclusion Program. Contact Terry Sherman at 373-6995 for more information.
Access Health’s Efforts
- Promote and provide services for Maine’s Problem Gambling Self-Exclusion Program
- Provide information to local health officers
- Increase awareness of problem gambling and prevention
- The Maine Self Exclusion Program – Find out more about how to self-exclude
- Maine Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services – Information on responsible gambling
- Gambler’s Anonymous – Free support for those trying to stop gambling