The eTip program is a completely anonymous and encrypted tip line that allows anyone to report underage drinking, illegal drug use, and other concerns that endanger youth without their identity being known.
Three Easy Ways to Send a Tip!
- TEXT: Send a text message to 274637 (CRIMES) and include the word “eTip” at the start of your message.
- WEB: Submit a tip on line here.
- MOBILE APP: Download the free “TipSubmit Mobile” app on your smart phone.
We all have a stake in preventing underage drinking and drug use. Parents, retailers, restaurants, and community members all have a responsibility to keep alcohol and other drugs out of the hands of our kids.
Maine Laws Exist to Protect Youth
- It is against the law for minors to possess or transport alcohol
- Providing alcohol or a place for minors to consume alcohol is a crime
- Serving or selling alcohol to minors is illegal
Violators may face hefty fines, license suspension, law suits, or even jail time. Read more.
It’s Easy to Help Keep Kids Safe
- Do you know of a party where teens are or will be drinking?
- Are you aware of parents or other adults that are hosting parties or giving alcohol to minors?
- Does someone you know buy alcohol with a Fake ID?
- Do you know of someone who is using a Fake ID to purchase alcohol?
- Is there a store or restaurant that is selling alcohol without carding?
- Have you heard of illegal drug use or misuse of prescription drugs?
You should alert police if you have ANY information or suspicion about where and how teens are getting alcohol and drugs.